Grant D. Chumlea, Associate
Grant Chumlea focuses his legal practice exclusively on oil and gas law, advising clients on all kinds of oil and gas transactions, including preparing original drilling and division order title opinions for oil and gas operations, conducting due diligence for asset acquisitions, analyzing leases and pooling/unitization agreements, and drafting curative documents.
A native Texan, Grant grew up in Dallas. As a law student at St. Mary’s University, he also worked for the Texas General Land Office, the agency responsible for managing the state’s lands and mineral rights. Grant spent three years in private practice in Fort Worth prior to joining RashChapman. In his legal practice, Grant strives to be an efficient, effective communicator, capable of resolving client’s complex problems with clear and concise solutions.
Grant, his wife, Celeste, and their toddler son enjoy hiking and traveling together as a family. Grant is also an avid golfer and enjoys fly-fishing and camping.
- Bachelor of Arts, History, The University of Texas at Austin
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law
Professional Licenses, Affiliations, & Honors
- Attorney at Law, Texas 2011
- State Bar of Texas – Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law, Environmental & Natural Resources, and Administrative & Public Law Sections
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Professional Landmen’s Association
- Attorney at Law, New Mexico 2017
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Oil & Gas Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- American Bar Association
- Coastal Conservation Association