RashChapman’s business and corporate practice covers a broad spectrum of transactions related to contracts, entity formation, acquisition and operation, borrowing and lending, and property matters. Our team offers creative ideas, custom solutions, and risk assessment to help our clients make informed decisions – on routine transactions as well as complex issues. Our attorneys also consult with trial lawyers as necessary, in order to improve the legal position of our clients’ cases.
RashChapman’s team of attorneys has built a successful and well-respected business and corporate practice, representing our clients in:
- Entity formation, modification, and dissolution, with counsel on liability and control issues for corporations, general and limited partnerships, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), nonprofit corporations, and joint ventures;
- Contract negotiation and documentation for businesses and individuals, including purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, leases, construction contracts, statements of work, advisory board agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and employment and termination agreements;
- Evaluation and interpretation of business transactions and contracts, including counsel to startup companies;
- Representation of lenders, including loan documentation and closing, custom financing arrangements, securing liens on assets, collection, and foreclosure;
- Representation of churches and other charitable organizations on all matters, including formation, governance, bylaws, statements of faith, employment, and property matters;
- Enforcement of legal rights in business transactions, including mediation, arbitration, and litigation as appropriate; and
- Structuring of succession agreements for businesses, especially family businesses, to plan for future events such as death, retirement, resignation, or transfer of ownership.