Brian M. Shahan, Partner
Brian Shahan focuses his legal practice primarily on oil and gas law in Texas and New Mexico, especially in the Midland, Delaware, and Eagle Ford Basins. Brian advises clients on all aspects of oil and gas transactions, including preparing original drilling and division order title opinions for oil and gas operations, conducting due diligence for asset acquisitions, analyzing leases and pooling/unitization agreements, and drafting curative documents.
A native Texan, Brian grew up in Sherman. Prior to joining RashChapman, he gained valuable experience in the oil and gas field as a landman working in South and West Texas. Brian now uses his landman background in his current legal practice, providing clients with straightforward, practical solutions.
Brian, his wife, Elizabeth, and their two young children enjoy spending time with family and friends on Moss Lake. Brian also coaches his children’s sports teams, and enjoys fly-fishing, hunting, and just about any other excuse to be outdoors.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, The University of Texas at Austin
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law
Professional Licenses, Affiliations, & Honors
- Attorney at Law, Texas 2007
- State Bar of Texas – Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law, Environmental & Natural Resources, and Administrative & Public Law Sections
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Professional Landmen’s Association
- Attorney at Law, New Mexico 2013
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Oil & Gas Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- American Bar Association