Clayton D. Nance
Phone: (512) 477-7543
Fax: (512) 474-0954
Clayton D. Nance:
Mr. Nance joined the firm in May 2011. He focuses on oil and gas, regulatory, environmental, real estate, and corporate matters. Mr. Nance prepares title opinions, leases, conveyances, and other contractual agreements for oil and gas clients. He offers daily legal advice to corporate clients on issues covering multiple areas of law. He represents clients in permitting, compliance, and environmental matters before state and federal regulatory agencies, including the Railroad Commission of Texas, the Texas General Land Office, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the U.S. Department of Energy. Mr. Nance conducts contested hearings representation, dispute negotiations and commercial litigation. He is experienced in state public policy matters, including legislation preparation and analysis. Following graduation from law school, Mr. Nance practiced with the law firm of Hance Scarborough, LLP, where he gained advocacy experience before the three branches of government.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance,
University of Texas at Austin, 1999
- Doctor of Jurisprudence,
Texas Tech University School of Law, 2002
- Attorney at Law, Texas 2002
- Attorney at Law, New Mexico 2012
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- State Bar of Texas
(Oil, Gas & Mineral Law, Environmental & Natural Resources, Administrative & Public Law Sections)
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Austin Bar Association
- Recipient of 2002 Hinkle Hensley Oil & Gas Law Award
- All Texas and New Mexico state courts
- Mr. Nance serves as a volunteer T-ball coach with the Oak Hill Youth Sports Association, and volunteer coach with the Lone Star Soccer Club – AU Capitals Recreational League.
- He is a member of the Texas Exes, the Texas Tech University School of Law Alumni Association, Coastal Conservation Association – Austin Chapter, and Bethany Lutheran Church.