Thomas A. Taylor
- Of Counsel
Phone: (214) 538-9794
Austin: (512) 477-7543
Fax: (512) 474-0954
Thomas A. Taylor:
Mr. Taylor has worked with small to large independent oil and gas operators and with major gas transmission companies in all facets of their businesses, including long range planning, contract negotiation, title examination, financing, state and federal regulation, arbitration and litigation involving the production, transmission processing and distribution of oil, gas and other natural resources. Representation includes: formation of entities; financing for the acquisition of properties; the exploration and development of oil and gas; negotiation and drafting of leases, joint operating agreements, joint ventures, offshore operating agreements, gas contracts, farmouts, farmins, seismic agreements, surface use agreements and joint exploration agreements. Mr. Taylor has also served as an expert witness in litigation involving offshore joint operating agreements.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (with a major in Petroleum Land Management). University of Texas, Austin, 1972
- Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree. South Texas College of Law, Houston, 1977
- Masters of Laws Degree. Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, 1979
- State Bar of Texas, 1977
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law (1991; Re-certified 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011-present)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Tax Court
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Member, Board of Trustees, Baylor Health Care System Foundation, Dallas, Texas. 2008 to present
- Volunteer, Baylor Health Care System, Dallas, Texas: Assistant to Chaplain, Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center.
- Member, Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, Dallas (since 1986); Service: Acolyte; Chalice Bearer; Sunday School Teacher for 10 years (3 year olds); one of the first catechists for the Catechsis of the Good Shepherd program; Adult Education Committee (two terms); Mission Outreach Committee (including Coordinator for Mission Outreach Sunday); the Reconciliation Committee; Men of Saint Michaels (Member, Board- two terms); Homecoming (Coordinator with my wife).
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Anglican School of Theology (Episcopal Diocese of Dallas), Dallas, Texas.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Law Alumni Association of Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law.
- Former Member, Board of the Council of the Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section, Dallas Bar Association.
- Former Member, Associate Board of Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University.
- President, Student Landmen’s Association, University of Texas, Austin.
- Eagle Scout.